Financial Benefits of Solar
THE BOTTOM LINE - SAVE MONEY
When deciding whether to purchase or lease your solar system, there are a few factors to keep in mind. Leasing may seem advantageous at first due to the small out of pocket up front, but people who lease their solar systems save far less than those who outright buy or finance their system. The Federal Tax Credit and local incentives through your utility providers are the biggest of those reasons. When leasing, all tax credits are given to the leasing company, saving you nothing. If you purchase your system, it’s cash in hand to either make your loan payments smaller, sock away some savings, pay off existing debt or even take that vacation you’ve been depriving yourself of.
INCREASED HOME VALUE
Homes with solar are attractive to potential buyers. On average, homes in California have experienced an increased sales premium of $17,000 when equipped with a 3.1 kilowatt solar system. On average selling prices increase $4,000 for every 1 kilowatt of solar energy you equip your home with. What is even better is that changing ownership on a PV loan at the time of selling your home can be a very simple and pain-free process.
A MORE PREDICTABLE COST
The fact is, utility costs are on the rise and unless you get ahead of it, you could see your utility bill soar much higher in the years to come. Going solar keeps you confident that as time goes on, you are keeping more money in your wallet.
IMPROVE YOUR LIFESTYLE
Going solar allows you to save money on heave power consumption items such as running your air conditioner and running your pool pump.
Here are some helpful resources to learn more about solar energy.
FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Solar energy is clean, really clean, as in zero emissions! In the US alone, emissions from electricity generation are the single largest contributor to global warming, as well as toxic to human health and the environment. According to USGBC, Global warming is a fact and the main causes are when fossil fuels like coal and natural gas (Dirty Energy) are burned to produce electricity they emit greenhouse gases. This is the primary cause of air pollution and Global warming. Going solar helps ensure a brighter future for our families and the ones who will cary on the future of our beautiful planet Earth.
HERE ARE THE FACTS
1. According to USGBC, Global warming is a fact and the main causes are when fossil fuels like coal and natural gas (Dirty Energy) are burned to produce electricity they emit greenhouse gases. This is the primary cause of air pollution and Global warming.
2. According to SEIA, Solar power works during drought or heat wave, Dirty energy including coal, natural gas and especially nuclear energy need large amounts of water for cooling.
3. According to Solar Energy Industries Association, Fact: Four states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts and Minnesota are expected to install the Majority of community solar over the next two years!
4. It works: Los Angeles smog levels have dramatically decreased as more Angelenos are driving electric vehicles and conventional cars come with better emissions.
The Benefits of Solar
1. Power companies are lobbying for energy benefits to change.
“According to Los Angeles Business Council, Solar rapid growth has some dirty energy companies alarmed. Now they’re putting up new roadblocks to solar at every turn, even if it means more pollution and more global warming.”
2. Legislation will change soon and although still a great financial benefit, the tax credit and rebates time is Limited.
3. By 2030 solar power utilization could be mandatory for all new homes.